Here is everything you should be double-checking on your final walk-through.
Before you close on your home purchase, you have to do a final walk-through to ensure your soon-to-be-home is move-in ready. Here’s what you should be checking during that walk-through:
- Test all lights and ceiling fans
- Test all outlets. Bring a phone charger with you to check
- Run all sinks and faucets. Check for leaks
- Test all kitchen appliances
- Test garage door and remote
- Run the heater and A/C
- Test the fireplace if applicable
- Open and close all windows and doors
- Check toilets for leaks
- Run all exhaust fans in bathrooms and kitchen
- Inspect walls, flooring, and ceilings
- Check exterior for damage or cosmetic issues
- Make sure all garbage and personal items are removed from the house
Your agent should also bring along the repair amendment in the contract to make sure all the agreed-upon repairs were completed. If you have any questions about this list or anything else related to real estate, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.