Nine often overlooked items that will improve your moving experience.
Moving isn’t as simple as packing your things and driving to your new home. Today I’ll go over some of the things that people often overlook. Here are nine things you should do before you move:
1. Do a walk-through. This gives you an opportunity to envision where all your items and belongings will go in the home.
2. Make sure the home is safe for young children and pets.
3. Create an unpacking plan. Ensure all the important things are unpacked first.
4. Set up utilities. You probably don’t want to spend your first night in your new house in the dark.
5. Locate necessary home systems. Find the circuit breaker, water valves, fuse box, etc.
6. Set up a security system.
7. Make sure you do a deep clean. There’s no better time to get your home sparkling clean than when it’s totally empty.
8. Change your address. Talk to your bank, insurance provider, and the DMV.
9. Explore the community. Find stores, community centers, and points of interest that will become your new go-to spots.
I hope these tips make your moving experience much smoother. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me by phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you.